Are you fed-up of the usual holiday clubs?
Enjoy Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths?
You need Skill Clubs!
From Coding Drones and robots, to Science and Engineering we offer a wide range of Skill Clubs to keep your 8 to 13 year-old learning while having fun!
With no minimum booking and from just £30 per day – what’s not to love?
October Half-Term Skill Clubs 2021
We will be in Northwich from the 18th – 22nd October at the Grange School Sports Centre (behind the Grange Senior School) Bradburn’s Lane, Hartford, Northwich CW8 1LU.
We will be in Sandbach from the 25th – 29th October at Sandbach School (boys) Crewe Rd, Sandbach CW11 3NS.
The Programme for each venue will be the same over the two weeks…
Mon – Sphero Trains!
Make a train using your Sphero Robot then code it around your train map, stopping at all the stations!
Tues – Air Power Science Vehicles
Make your own vehicles powered only by air! Test and measure how well it works and what will make it work better.
Wed – Drone Coding
Drones are used to transport things all around the world. Learn all about it and code your drone to deliver in all our challenges.
Thurs – Engineering Marvellous Marble Runs
Work out what works best by measuring speed and acceleration of your marbles, then make the best marble run you can!
Friday – Crumble Coding Cars!
Make your own car from junk modelling then add Crumble kit and wheels and code it around our course!
- All bookings have to be made in advance via our booking system ClubsBuddy. ⇒
- There will be some changes due to Coronavirus guidelines and these are detailed below but may be subject to change reflecting the situation at the time of the clubs.
- Remember you can move a booking if spaces allow and if we have to cancel for any reason (including the Covid-19 pandemic) we will offer refunds.
- Payments by childcare voucher should be made within 14 days of booking or places will be re-advertised. Any problems paying by voucher just let us know and we can help you out.
- Terms and conditions of booking can be found here
£33 per day 9 am – 4 pm
or £150 per week
Childcare vouchers accepted.
Early drop (from 8:30am) and
late pick up (until 5pm) available.
What are Skill Clubs?
Skill Clubs are all based around Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM). Everyday has a different theme and we keep you busy all day with activities.
- A place to learn some new skills, meet new friends and enjoy yourself in a safe, friendly atmosphere.
- Everyday is different whether you have done the activity before or not.
- There is no pressure to achieve, just do what you can, it’s your holidays after all!
- You can come for a day, a week or three! its entirely up to you.
- Bring your coat and your sun cream (it is Britain after all!), a water bottle and a packed lunch and enjoy!
- Oh, and make sure you ask lots of questions (if you want to) as that’s what all good scientists and engineers do !
- The clubs are designed by scientists and educators for this age group.
- They are well-structured, there is something to do all day including regular breaks outside.
- All our staff are recruited using our safer recruitment policy, they are insured and have a current enhanced DBS check.
- The activities are risk assessed and at least one member of staff on site is First Aid trained.
- We are OFSTED registered and accept childcare vouchers for our sites at Sandbach and Northwich
- We provide water, snacks (biscuits and fruit) at break times (but can only provide water top-ups currently due to the pandemic) but ask that the children bring a water bottle and a packed lunch.
- If you have any questions please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or join our mailing list to find out first when and where we are booking
Changes and Adaptations due to Covid-19 (updated 19th July 2021)
In order to be as ‘Covid-secure’ as possible we have had to make a few changes to how the clubs are run. Our risk assessment and policy can be found by clicking on the buttons below. All of this is subject to change and review dependent on the current guidelines locally and nationally.
Some key changes are written here but please read our Covid-19 and Outbreak Management Policy
- Our numbers will be limited to 20 maximum due to the size of venue.
- Masks do not need to be worn by the children or staff at the club unless they wish to.
- Doors and windows will be opened as much as possible for ventilation
- There will be hand-sanitiser available and regular breaks for hand-washing
- We will go outside at break times and for some activities
- We cannot offer snacks, so all food and drinks must be brought from home (there will be access to water for top-ups)
- Parents/carers are now allowed in the building, if they wish to do so we would ask that you still wear a face mask if you are able to.
- If anyone becomes sick with symptoms of Covid-19 we will get a parent/carer to pick them up ASAP and keep them away from the rest of the group in the meantime.
- Parents, staff, or children should not attend the club and self-isolate immediately if:
• You have any symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
• You have tested positive for COVID-19 – this means you have the virus
• Someone in your childcare or support bubble has symptoms and you have been in close contact with them since their symptoms started or during the 48 hours before they started
• Someone in your childcare or support bubble tested positive and you have been in close contact with them since they had the test or in the 48 hours before their test
• You have been told you’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive – find out what to do if you’re told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app
• You have arrived in England from abroad less than 10 days ago from countries where you are required to quarantine.
• If children or staff experience any symptoms of Covid-19 they must take a PCR test and not attend the Club and inform the Club as soon as possible.
- If we have any cases at Skill Clubs, we will notify the local Health Protection Team and Public Health. According to the ‘Covid 19: Actions for out of school settings July 2021’ guidance, if Skill Clubs identifies “several confirmed cases within 14 days” this may constitute an outbreak. If this situation occurs, and we are asked to we will activate our Outbreak Management Plan (see below).
- If a local outbreak occurs we may be asked to modify how we run Skill Clubs or to close by the local Health Protection Team and Public Health. We will inform parents as soon as possible about any changes required.
- Refunds will be offered for any days we cannot run, or if we have to cancel because of guideline changes.
- We cannot offer refunds if your child is ill or unable to attend after booking (this is as per our normal terms and conditions)
- Parents and Children will have fill in our Covid-19 Agreement before being allowed to attend the club (this can be done online)