Are you fed-up of the usual holiday clubs?
Enjoy Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths?
You need Skill Clubs!
From Coding Drones and robots, to Science and Engineering we offer a wide range of Skill Clubs to keep your 8 to 13 year-old learning while having fun!
With no minimum booking and from just £30 per day – what’s not to love?
Booking is open for half-term and Summer holidays 2021
June Half-Term Skill Clubs
We will be in Sandbach at Sandbach School (boys), Crewe Rd, Sandbach CW11 3NS. The timetable of Skill Clubs running are :-
Tues 1st June – Sphero Sports –
Code robots to play golf, football and more!
Wed 2nd June – Powerful Paper Engineering –
Discover the power in paper and make amazing structures.
Thurs 3rd June – Crumble Acoustic Engineering
Code Crumble Microcontrollers to control instruments in our robot orchestra.
Fri 4th June – Air Power Science – Rocketry and Planes
Why do things fly? Find out by testing your own flying machines and rockets!
Summer Skill Clubs
We will be in Northwich from the 26th July – 6th August at the Grange School Sports Centre (behind the Grange Senior School) Bradburns Lane, Hartford, Northwich CW8 1LU. (**note the change of venue**)
We will be in Sandbach from the 9th August – 20th Aug at Sandbach School (boys) Crewe Rd, Sandbach CW11 3NS.
The Programme for each venue will be the same over the two weeks…
Mon – Drone Coding
Tues – Engineering – Waterways and Boats
Wed – Crumble Coding and Engineering – Fairgrounds
Thurs – Science of Us – Delightful Digestion
Friday – Sphero Engineer and Race
Mon – Crumble STEAM – making Robot Art
Tues – Magnificent Magnets and Electric Experiments
Wed – Sphero Robot Sports Day
Thurs – Engineering – Tarps, Tepees and Tents
Fri – Drone Flying and Racing
£33 per day 9 am – 4 pm
or book all week for £150
(£120 for the 4-day half-term).
Early drop and late pick up available.
Childcare vouchers accepted.
(If you have booked before using this system you don’t need to re-register).
There is also an App so you can now book from your phone!
We accept childcare vouchers at Northwich and Sandbach Skill Clubs
Things to note –
- In June we will only be taking 15 children maximum but these can be from any school. By Summer we are hoping to be able to take our maximum of 20.
- Currently, we are to advise you that where possible, you should only be sending your children to one out-of-school setting, in addition to school, in order to minimise mixing.
- All booking has to be made in advance via our booking system ClubsBuddy.
- There will be some changes due to Coronavirus guidelines and these are detailed below but may be subject to change reflecting the situation at the time of the clubs.
- Remember you can move a booking if spaces allow and if the situation changes due to the Covid-19 pandemic we will offer refunds.
- Full details of our current Covid adaptations and policies are shown below.
What are Skill Clubs?
Skill Clubs are all based around Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM). Everyday has a different theme and we keep you busy all day with activities.
- A place to learn some new skills, meet new friends and enjoy yourself in a safe, friendly atmosphere.
- Everyday is different whether you have done the activity before or not.
- There is no pressure to achieve, just do what you can, it’s your holidays after all!
- You can come for a day, a week or three! its entirely up to you.
- Bring your coat and your sun cream (it is Britain after all!), a water bottle and a packed lunch and enjoy!
- Oh, and make sure you ask lots of questions (if you want to) as that’s what all good scientists and engineers do !
- The clubs are designed by scientists and educators for this age group.
- They are well-structured, there is something to do all day including regular breaks outside.
- All our staff are recruited using our safer recruitment policy, they are insured and have a current enhanced DBS check.
- The activities are risk assessed and at least one member of staff on site is First Aid trained.
- We are OFSTED registered and accept childcare vouchers for our sites at Sandbach and Northwich
- We provide water, snacks (biscuits and fruit) at break times (but can only provide water top-ups currently due to the pandemic) but ask that the children bring a water bottle and a packed lunch.
- If you have any questions please drop us a line at email@example.com
- Or join our mailing list to find out first when and where we are booking
Changes and Adaptations due to Covid-19
In order to be as ‘Covid-secure’ as possible we have had to make a few changes to how the clubs are run. Our risk assessment and policy can be found by clicking on the buttons below. All of this is subject to change and review dependent on the current guidelines locally and nationally.
Some key changes are written here but please read our Policy and Risk Assessments below for our full guidelines :-
- We are to advise parents and carers that they should, as far as possible, only be sending their children to one out-of-school setting, in addition to school, in order to minimise mixing.
- Parents and carers are encouraged not to use public transport to get to Skill Clubs and to walk, cycle or use a private car to get there.
- We will only take 15 children maximum per day
- We will make one bubble at each venue, and try to group children in sibling/class/school groups as much as possible
- We have chosen or adapted our activities so they can be done socially distanced as possible and we will encourage children to stay distanced but this cannot always be guaranteed due to their age.
- Doors and windows will be opened as much as possible for ventilation
- We will go outside at break times and for some activities
- We cannot offer snacks, so all food and drinks must be brought from home (there will be access to water for top-ups)
- There will be hand-sanitiser available and regular breaks for hand-washing
- Parents/carers will not be allowed in the building, we will meet you at the door and sign the children in and out ourselves.
- If anyone becomes sick with symptoms of Covid-19 we will get a parent/carer to pick them up ASAP and keep them away from the rest of the group. We will inform parents/carers if this happens.
- We will stay open unless one of the group tests positive for Covid-19, then we will have to close and advise all participants to isolate for 10 days.
- If children or staff experience any symptoms of Covid-19 they must not attend the Club until all symptoms have passed and they feel well.
- Refunds will be offered for any days we cannot run or if we have to cancel because of guideline changes
- We cannot offer refunds if your child is ill or unable to attend after booking (this is as per our normal terms and conditions)
- Parents and Children will have to sign and return a copy of our Covid-19 Agreement before being allowed to attend the club (this can be done via email)